- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Although Daily Show fans are likely already mourning Jon Stewart‘s planned Aug. 6 departure from the Comedy Central late-night show, Stewart almost cut his 16-year run more than a month short on Tuesday night.
Faced with news that Donald Trump hadn’t filed the necessary paperwork to run for president, a dejected Stewart packed up his desk, grabbed his briefcase and donned his fedora and started to walk out of the darkened studio.
But when Stewart heard Trump announce that he filed the paperwork on Tuesday, he gleefully raced back to his desk and proceeded to poke fun at Trump’s latest comments.
Specifically, Stewart took issue with Trump dismissing Iraq and Syria.
“You know you can’t fire countries, right? Or can you? You’re Trump,” Stewart said before launching into a pun-filled impression of the real estate mogul axing various nations.
Tuesday night’s episode also featured the latest look back at the outgoing Daily Show host, with Hasan Minhaj paying tribute to the host’s stamina and vigor, an introduction that was accompanied by a supercut of Stewart saying he had various ailments, including three cases of “the bubons.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day