- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jonah Hill’s résumé already includes comedy star, Oscar-nominated dramatic actor, writer and producer. But now he is ready to take a seat in the director’s chair.
Hill is attached to direct Mid ‘90s, a coming-of-age dramedy that he also wrote. Hill has teamed up with power producer Scott Rudin for the project. Rudin will produce with Eli Bush and their frequent collaborator, A24.
The script tracks a group of California teens who are trying to navigate drinking, drugs, fighting, sex, looking cool and fitting in — and making some really bad choices along the way.
Hill has written before — he co-wrote 21 Jump Street, created the animated series Allen Gregory and worked on screenplays such as The Adventurer’s Handbook — but Mid ‘90s would be his first directing effort. He will not act in the movie.
Hill is repped by WME, LBI Entertainment and Karl Austen of Jackoway Tyerman.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day