- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Designers Humberto Leon and Carol Lim are always thinking outside the box when it comes to putting on their show for Opening Ceremony during New York Fashion Week. Last season, the duo kept things extra sweet with a choco-wall as a runway backdrop (yum). Now, they plan to transform this September’s show into a theatrical spectacle with a little help from two famous faces: 22 Jump Street actor Jonah Hill and Her director Spike Jonze.
WWD reports that Jonze, who is a regular Opening Ceremony collaborator, will be directing the one-act play, as well as co-writing the script with Hill. “We were really excited about him writing an original script and seeing how this would take shape,” Leon told WWD.
Sadly, Hill won’t be performing during the Sept. 7 show, but we can only imagine how hilarious the play will be anyway.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day