- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
He will oversee the development and production of Annapurna projects and report to Megan Ellison, who announced his appointment today.
Gordon, who has worked as an independent producer and executive, most recently produced American Hustle with Ellison, Charles Roven and Richard Suckle and Silver Linings Playbook with Bruce Cohen and Donna Gigliotti.
Prior to becoming a producer, Gordon was president of production at Universal Pictures and before that spent 15 years at Miramax Films, where his last position was co-president of production.
“I got to know Megan while working alongside her, Charles and Richard on American Hustle,” Gordon said. “Megan has impeccable taste, is a gifted producer, and I saw firsthand how in Annapurna she has created the most daring, exciting and filmmaker-friendly environment in the business.”
“After working closely with Jon on American Hustle, I was so impressed by him that I knew I needed to have him as part of Annapurna,” Ellison said.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day