- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
London-based designer Jonathan Saunders is shuttering his eponymous brand, following his decision to step down as the company’s creative director for personal reasons.
Saunders and his investor and business partner, Eiehsa Bharti Pasricha, who also holds a stake in London-based label Roksanda, made the decision to shut down the company, according to Business of Fashion. The designer will execute orders from the spring 2016 collection.
“It is not a decision that I take lightly and I am eternally grateful to my team for all their hard work and dedication,” Saunders said in a statement. “Eiesha has not only been a fantastic partner over the last year but an incredible support and we remain close. I am very thankful for all of the friends that I have across the industry, and I look forward to working with everyone again soon on future creative projects.”
Added Bharti Pasricha: “I have thoroughly enjoyed supporting one of the most talented British designers of our times. Our decision to part ways was not easy and I wish Jonathan every success for the future.”
Launched in 2003, the label has since been seen on the likes of Michelle Obama, Carey Mulligan, Lady Gaga, Elizabeth Banks and Emily Blunt.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day