- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Netflix driving hard into the stand-up comedy space has reached its predictable outcome: the streaming giant’s star power will dominate the upcoming Just for Laughs festival in Montreal.
Howie Mandel, who last year led a consortium that bought the Just for Laughs festival, will also emcee a gala. And comic Aziz Ansari, who with writer Alan Yang created the Netflix comedy Master of None, will bring his solo show to Montreal, as will Bollywood actor and comic Vir Das, the first Indian comic to have a Netflix special.
Also headed to Montreal with their own live shows is Crazy Ex-Girlfriend star Rachel Bloom; Elon Gold and Modi, who are bringing their Elon Gold & Modi: 2 FOR 1 show to Just for Laughs; Australian actor, writer and comedian Celeste Barber; and the improv duo Marc Evan Jackson and Paul F. Tompkins.
Organizers of the 37th edition of Just for Laughs earlier said The Daily Show host Trevor Noah will bring his solo show to the festival, and Comedy Central’s Jim Jefferies will host two galas.
Just for Laughs will make additional lineup announcements in the coming months.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day