- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Joni Mitchell, the beloved singer, songwriter and queen of Laurel Canyon, is not in a coma, according to the singer’s website.
“Contrary to rumors circulating on the Internet today, Joni is not in a coma,” the statement reads. “Joni is still in the hospital — but she comprehends, she’s alert, and she has her full senses. A full recovery is expected. The document obtained by a certain media outlet simply gives her longtime friend Leslie Morris the authority — in the absence of 24-hour doctor care — to make care decisions for Joni once she leaves the hospital. As we all know, Joni is a strong-willed woman and is nowhere near giving up the fight. Please continue to keep Joni in your thoughts.”
The media outlet in question is TMZ, which reported that Mitchell is unresponsive and in a coma, according to new conservatorship documents.
Mitchell is the face of Saint Laurent’s spring ad campaign, which debuted in January, and the folk legend still serves as many fan’s style spirit animal, with her signature fringe-and-turquoise boho look helping put L.A.’s Laurel Canyon folk scene on the map in the late 1960s.
April 28, 4:30 p.m. Updated to reflect new statement from Mitchell’s rep.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day