- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Set to premiere Monday, Sept. 25, the late-night show will be a satire on both the left and the right in the new world of alternative facts.
“The point is not just to focus on conspiracies,” Klepper explained when he stopped by The Hollywood Reporter’s offices. “The point is to grab the mindset that is sort of taking the country.”
When asked about some of his favorite conspiracies, the comedian mentioned how President Donald Trump might be the most famous conspiracy theorist due to his insistence on two famously false stories: That Ted Cruz’s father was linked to the assassination of John F. Kennedy and that former President Barack Obama was not born in America.
“We used to battle and discuss what the truth of the world was,” he says, “and now we just choose our reality.”
Watch the full interview above.
as an Alex Jones meets Garrison Keillor.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day