- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Amidst controversy circling Josh Duggar‘s child molestation charges, an unsettling video of the 19 Kids and Counting star on the TLC show back in 2008 has resurfaced online.
The clip shows a then-20-year-old Duggar talking about his plans to take Anna (now his wife of nearly seven years) on a movie date. He explains that his sister Jinger was initially chosen to be their chaperone, but couldn’t attend due to the movie being fit for viewers over 18 years old. “So, we chose Jana and John David. We thought, ‘Why not have a double date?’ ” Duggar says, before jokingly adding, “We are from Arkansas!”
The joke, which hints at an incestuous relationship between two siblings, has garnered attention online following allegations that Duggar sexually molested five underage girls, including his sisters, as far back as 2002.
In a statement posted to the family’s Facebook page on May 21, he addressed the charges, writing, “Twelve years ago, as a young teenager I acted inexcusably for which I am extremely sorry and deeply regret. I hurt others, including my family and close friends.”
TLC has since pulled all episodes of 19 Kids and Counting from the air.
Watch the 2008 video below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day