- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Kenneth Branagh is leading a whole carload of boldface names such as Johnny Depp, Michelle Pfeiffer, Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena and Judi Dench. Branagh is also directing.
The story centers on a murder onboard the famous train and introduces Belgian detective Hercule Poirot (Branagh), who must solve the case while being surrounded by duplicitous passengers.
Gad will play Hector McQueen, a skittish man who drinks too much and works as an assistant/translator to Depp’s character.
Gad, who may be best known as the voice of Olaf in Frozen, will be seen in Disney’s live-action take on Beauty and the Beast and is doing the voice of the canine in DreamWorks’ A Dog’s Purpose. He also originated one of the two lead roles on Broadway’s The Book of Mormon.
Gad is repped by WME, Lighthouse and PJ Shapiro.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day