- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
View co-host Joy Behar will be staying on the ABC daytime show after inking a new deal, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Behar returned to The View this season after leaving in 2013. She told THR after the show’s 19th season premiere in September that she initially had no interest in returning to the show where she had served as a longtime co-host until consultant Hilary Estey McLoughlin “basically talked me into it.”
Behar explained that McLoughlin listed various things that Behar would be able to on the show, including “[talking about] politics … [and] sitting in [for Whoopi Goldberg] on Fridays in the moderator’s chair,” Behar said.
Indeed, she has served as the moderator on season 19’s new live Friday shows and taken the lead on a number of the show’s political segments. But at the time, Behar also told THR that she would only be on “a limited number of shows,” not every episode in season 19.
The New York Post‘s Page Six previously reported that Behar signed a new three-year deal to stay on The View.
is in case they want to get rid of any of us!””]
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day