- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Judge Judy is headed from daytime to primetime.
CBS has set a one-hour special, Judge Judy Primetime, that will follow Judge Judith Sheindlin‘s transition from a New York family court judge to Judge Judy, as well as include new cases. The special will air Tuesday, May 20, at 8 p.m. ET/PT.
The special will also include “Judyisms,” Sheindlin’s one-liners that have been parodied on late-night programs such as Jimmy Kimmel Live! and Saturday Night Live. Additionally, the special will have clips from the 60 Minutes piece in 1993 and a 2003 follow-up.
Judge Judy‘s daily daytime series has been the No. 1 show in first-run syndication for the last three years and No. 1 in daytime for four straight seasons. It has been the top courtroom program in the U.S. since its September 1996 debut and is licensed in more than 125 markets.
Judge Judy Primetime is produced by CBS Television Distribution and Queen Bee Productions. Randy Douthit is executive producer/director.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day