- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Peter Hedges (What’s Eating Gilbert Grape, About a Boy) wrote and will direct the feature that takes place over 24 hours, following the charming-but-troubled Ben Burns (Lucas Hedges), who returns home to his unsuspecting family one fateful Christmas Eve. Ben’s wary mother, Holly Burns (Roberts), welcomes her beloved son, but soon learns that he is still in harm’s way.
Nina Jacobson and Brad Simpson’s Color Force and Teddy Schwarzman’s Black Bear Pictures are producing alongside the elder Hedges. 30West and Black Bear will fully finance the pic, which is set to begin shooting in December in New York.
Lucas Hedges, who was nominated for an Oscar for his work in Manchester by the Sea, will next be seen in Greta Gerwig’s directorial debut Lady Bird and the Martin McDonagh drama Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri.
Roberts will next be seen in the adaptation of R.J. Palacio’s New York Times best-seller Wonder, starring opposite Owen Wilson and Jacob Tremblay.
CAA packaged the project and will rep the film for the U.S. Sierra/Affinity will be handling international rights for the pic, which will be presented at the upcoming American Film Market.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day