- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Julia Stiles considers her Dexter guest star Emmy nomination the “icing on the cake” a year after her turn as Lumen in Season 5 of the Showtime series. “It was fun to work on that show and this is just an added bonus a year later,” she said.
The actress planned to celebrate her first Emmy nomination with a toast with friends at tonight’s Nikka Costa concert in New York, and has plans to attend both the Creative Arts Emmy ceremony – where the guest categories are awarded – and the Primetime Emmys. “I get to attend two parties,” she joked.
“Creativity and arts sounds good to me.”
Asked if Lumen would ever resurface on Dexter, the actress said it made the most sense for guest stars to pop in for one season – and that the Emmy drama series nominee has its “hands full” with new guest Mos Def. “I thought I was going to end up dead in a bathtub,” Stiles said. “I’m really surprised that Lumen survived.”
With John Lithgow taking home last year’s guest actor in a drama for his turn as the Trinity Killer on Dexter, Stiles played it cool when asked if that series’ successful track record in the category made her an early front-runner. “I don’t think it works that way,” she said.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day