- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
It’s tough beign sloppy seconds. But sloppy thirds?
That’s how Julianna Margulies jokingly describes herself regarding her role in CBS’ The Good Wife, which she landed after Helen Hunt and Ashley Judd passed.
“I wanted to hate it, because you know, “F– you! You didn’t want me to begin with,’ ” she says. “The [Good Wife] writers always say: ‘No, we always wanted you. It’s just the studio wanted Helen Hunt!’ But my agent said a great thing: ‘No one will know when they watch this show that Helen Hunt was offered it before you.’ ”
PHOTOS: THR Actress Roundtable
The actress made her comments during The Hollywood Reporter‘s actress roundtable. Read the full roundtable here for more from Claire Danes, Keri Russell, Jessica Pare, Sarah Paulson and Vera Farmiga. And see exclusive photos of the actresses here.
THR‘s roundtable series is part of the leadup to Emmys season, and has already included a discussion with TV’s hottest drama showrunners. Watch the uncensored drama showrunners roundtable here.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day