- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
“Dancing With the Stars” mainstay Julianne Hough will be punching her card for “Footloose.”
The dancer, singer and choreographer will join Chace Crawford for her feature film debut in Paramount’s remake of the 1984 film, assuming her scheduling works for the March shoot.
Kevin Bacon and Lori Singer starred in the original, which told the story of a rebellious outsider who moves to a new town where music and dancing are banned and proceeds to shake everything up.
Kenny Ortega (“High School Musical”) is producing and directing the feature, and Susannah Grant (“The Soloist”) wrote the most recent screenplay.
Craig Zadan, who also produced the 1984 original, Neil Meron and Dylan Sellers (“Agent Cody Banks”) are also producing. Zadan and Meron were also behind the feature musicals “Hairspray” and “Chicago.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day