- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Some stars kept things light and ethereal for the Critics Choice Movie Awards — see Keira Knightley and Marion Cotillard — while others stuck a tried-and-true classic: black, but with an edgy twist. Lace panels and sheer mesh ensured the dark gowns were anything but heavy.
The Theory of Everything nominee Felicity Jones stunned in a long-sleeve Dolce & Gabbana dress that was far from covered up thanks to swirls of fabric atop her arms, neckline and midriff which she paired with Aldo shoes. Meanwhile, Jamie Chung also opted for barely-there sheer sleeves in a delicate midi-length frock that seems to be bursting with petals.
SHEER BRILLIANCE: Felicity Jones (left), Julianne Moore and Jamie Chung
Michelle Monaghan wore a beautiful high-neck Elie Saab gown, complete with an intricate lace panel across the decollete. And Still Alice Best Actress winner Julianne Moore also showed just enough skin with the strategically placed sheer lace on her otherwise super simple, fitted, long-sleeve Saint Laurent. These ladies taught us once again that black doesn’t have to be boring.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day