- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Ahead of its premiere at the upcoming Toronto International Film Festival, A24 has acquired Gloria Bell, starring Julianne Moore.
Sebastian Lelio, who directed the 2017 Oscar winner A Fantastic Woman, helmed the pic, which is a remake of his 2013 breakout Chilean drama Gloria, which follows a free-spirited divorcée who spends her days in a strait-laced office job and her nights on the dance floor, joyfully letting loose at clubs around Los Angeles.
John Turturro, Brad Garrett, Rita Wilson and Michael Cera also star.
FilmNation is behind the project, which was produced by Lelio and Juan de Dios Larraín and Pablo Larraín for Fabula. Moore, Shea Kammer, Rocío Jadue, Ben Browning, Glen Basner, Milan Popelka and Alison Cohen executive produced.
A24 is planning for a 2019 release for Gloria Bell. FilmNation is also handling international sales.
| THR News” image=”3429297″ excerpt=”Chilean filmmaker Sebastian Lelio, who directed transgender star Daniela Vega in ‘A Fantastic Woman,’ has weighed in on Scarlett Johansson’s casting as a transgender man in an upcoming film.”]
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day