- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The film — also starring Michelle Williams, Billy Crudup and Abby Quinn — follows the struggling director of an Indian orphanage whose past comes back to visit her after accepting an invitation to New York to the wedding of the daughter of a multi-millionaire potential benefactor.
Presented by Ingenious Media, Rock Island Films and Riverstone Pictures, After the Wedding — currently in postproduction — is being produced by Joel B. Michaels.
In Bier’s original, Mads Mikkelsen and Rolf Lassgard played the lead roles. For his interpretation, Freundlich flipped the genders, with Moore — also the filmmaker’s wife — and Williams cast.
Cornerstone Films is handling international sales and distribution, and is co-repping domestic with Endeavor Content.
A version of this story first appeared in The Hollywood Reporter’s Oct. 31 daily issue at the American Film Market.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day