- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
And longtime Cronenberg producer Martin Katz and his Prospero Pictures shingle are partnering with Entertainment One to finance the indie movie.
Entertainment One Films will handle worldwide sales and distribution, with production on the film to begin in July in Toronto and Los Angeles.
Maps to the Stars marks Prospero’s fourth collaboration with Cronenberg, most recently on A Dangerous Method and Cosmopolis, which also starred Pattinson and Gadon.
The screenplay for Maps to the Stars will be done by Bruce Wagner (Wild Palms), as the indie drama offers a ghost story and critique of celebrity-obsessed society in Los Angeles.
The film is being produced by Katz together and SBS Productions’ Saïd Ben Saïd.
Sentient Entertainment’s Renee Tab, Cronenberg’s manager, will executive produce. Integral Films’ Alfred Hurmer is co-producing.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day