- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The video says that Trump violated international law by detaining children and families who were legally seeking asylum, separating families and putting the children in cages. When these families were released from detention centers, asylum seekers were left without food or money.
“The humanitarian crisis at our border is not over,” Dawson says in the video. “Vote November 6th. Vote for Democrats for Congress, who will work to stop this humanitarian crisis,” Moore adds.
The video shows footage of children and families at the border telling their stories, and a volunteer and concerned citizen calling on America to be better.
Dawson and Moore are not the only Hollywood figures speaking out on political issues and urging people to vote ahead of the Nov. 6 midterms. On Friday, Brad Pitt and Leonardo DiCaprio took part in a PSA produced by NowThis Politics encouraging people to vote. Taylor Swift, Freeform stars, Jodie Foster, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Amy Poehler and more have also worked on similar initiatives in recent weeks.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day