- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Aspiring gentlemen — take note!
Julianne Moore’s husband Bart Freundlich, just did the most chivalrous act — call it the opening the car door of the Oscars — he stood with his wife and walked her to the stage to accept her best actress award for her role in Still Alice. The Oscar winner got on stage and exclaimed, “I just read somewhere that getting an Oscar could lead to living five years longer. If that’s true, I’d really like to thank the Academy as my husband is younger than me!”
Another man who proves yet again that chivalry is not dead, Keith Urban walked Nicole Kidman to their waiting car while holding the umbrella for her in the pouring rain, before going around and getting inside the car.
Leading by example, Scarlett Johansson left the awards show keeping warm with her French husband Romain Dauriac’s tuxedo jacket draped over her shoulders.
The one thing that these gentlemen have in common (other than their stunning leading ladies)? Good old, old fashioned chivalry. Can we say “keepers?”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day