- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Another Weinstein Co. exec, Julie Rapaport, has left the company.
The senior vp, who started seven years ago as an assistant to David Glasser, has moved to Amazon Studios, where she’ll serve under the title of Development Executive, Feature Film.
Rapaport’s work at the Weinstein Co. included Burnt, starring Bradley Cooper, Tim Burton‘s Big Eyes, YA adaptation The Giver and August Osage County.
The Weinstein Co. has seen a flurry of exits in the past week. Glasser, who had been with the company for the past seven years, announced that he would be stepping down as COO. And Radius co-chiefs Tom Quinn and Jason Janego, who worked together at Magnolia before co-founding Radius, are leaving to start a new company.
Rapaport, who was featured on THR‘s Next Gen list, joins Weinstein’s former marketing head Stephen Bruno, who joined Amazon in October.
Amazon continues to bolster its film division after hiring indie film veteran Ted Hope earlier this year to produce and acquire films that will premiere in theaters but quickly move to SVOD. Amazon’s first project is Spike Lee‘s Chiraq, which is expected to debut in theaters this December to give it an Oscar qualifying run.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day