- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
COLOGNE, Germany – A trove of Industry veterans, including stars Andie MacDowell and Juliette Binoche, directors Volker Schlondorff (The Tin Drum) and Nuri Bilge Ceylan (Once Upon a Time in Anatolia); award-winning cinematographer Ed Lachman (Mildred Pierce) and three-time Oscar winning costume designer Sandy Powell (Hugo, Shakespeare in Love) will attend the this year’s Berlinale Talent Campus to discuss the art and craft of filmmaking with up-and-coming talents.
The Talent Campus, which runs Feb.11-16 alongside the Berlin International Film Festival (Feb. 9-19), is a mini film school workshop program for 350 young filmmakers from some 90 countries worldwide. Industry vets from various sections of the film world take part in discussions and training workshops with the participants.
Also among the professionals attending this year will be directors Sophie Feinnes and Victor Kossakovsky, who will participate in a panel discussion on the skills of documentary filmmaking; and Chinese writer Yan Geling, whose novel was adapted by Zhang Yimou as The Flowers of War starring Christian Bale.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day