- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Universal has announced that a sequel to Jurassic World will be released on Friday, June 22, 2018.
Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard will return to star. Jurassic World helmer Colin Trevorrow and Derek Connolly, who did a rewrite on World, will write the script for the sequel.
Steven Spielberg will return to executive produce and Frank Marshall to produce. Trevorrow, who is not expected to return to direct, will also be an executive producer on the Universal Pictures and Amblin Entertainment sequel.
Jurassic World, which opened in theaters in June, has been one of the biggest successes in the history of Universal. It is now the No. 3 domestic release of all time with $614.3 million, and the No. 3 worldwide release of all time. It’s broken a slew of records, and has earned $1.5 billion worldwide to date.
The film currently has the 2018 date to itself.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day