- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Imax will release the Universal Pictures and Amblin Entertainment pic that stars Chris Pratt starting Wednesday on 445 of its international giant screens. Imax will then add another 364 playdates when Jurassic World debuts domestically on June 12.
That wide release of Jurassic World will beat the previous day-and-date record-holder for Imax of The Amazing Spider-Man 2 by over 100 screens.
“Summer box office has been riding high since Universal Pictures’ Furious 7 launched in April, and now we look forward to that momentum continuing with Jurassic World poised to take the world by storm in record-setting fashion in Imax theaters,” Greg Foster, senior executive vp of Imax Corp. and CEO of Imax Entertainment said in a statement on Monday.
Jurrasic World is directed by Colin Trevorrow and produced by Frank Marshall, and builds on executive producer Steven Spielberg‘s Jurassic Park series. The first two Jurassic Park films were directed by Spielberg, with Joe Johnston having grabbed the reins for 2001’s Jurassic Park III.
The 3D action-adventure pic also stars Bryce Dallas Howard, Vincent D’Onofrio, Ty Simpkins, Nick Robinson and Irrfan Khan.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day