- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Recording artist K’NAAN is slamming Mitt Romney over using the song “Waving Flag” in his campaign to earn the Republican presidential nomination. Romney played the song in his speech Tuesday evening following the Republican primary in Florida.
In an official statement, K’NAAN revealed that he was previously unaware of the candidate’s usage of the song, and does not endorse Romney’s campaign. “I have not been asked for permission by Mitt Romney’s campaign for the use of my song,” K’NAAN said. “If I had been asked, I would certainly not have granted it.”
K’NAAN also said that he would grant permission to the sitting president to use that song if asked. “I would happily grant the Obama campaign use of my song without prejudice.”
Editor’s Note: A previous version of this story stated that K’NAAN had filed a lawsuit against Mitt Romney.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day