- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Kaitlyn Dever has joined Steve Carell and up-and-comer Timothee Chalamet in Beautiful Boy, the Amazon Studios drama being produced by Brad Pitt’s Plan B banner.
Felix van Groeningen (The Broken Circle Breakdown) is directing the project, which is based on the memoir Beautiful Boy: A Father’s Journey Through His Son’s Addiction by David Sheff.
The story tackles the problem of methamphetamine addiction and recovery through the eyes of a father (Carell) whose son, Nic, played by Chalamet, suffers from the disease.
Dever will play the son’s love interest, a recovering meth addict who relapses with Nic.
Amazon Studios is financing and will distribute the pic, which will begin shooting later in March. Amy Ryan and Maura Tierney are also in the cast.
Dever is coming off shooting Kathryn Bigelow’s untitled Detroit race riots movie.
Her other feature credits include appearing in movies such as Clint Eastwood’s J. Edgar, James Ponsoldt’s The Spectacular Now, Daniel Destin Cretton’s Short Term 12, Jason Reitman’s Men, Women & Children, and Lynn Shelton’s Laggies.
She is repped by UTA and Felker Toczek.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day