- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Beauty guru and YouTube veteran Kandee Johnson showed up to the 2018 Streamy Awards already a winner, taking home best collaboration honors on Saturday for her Princess Jasmine Transformation video featuring Kim Kardashian.
“I got so much hate for that video, so it’s worth it that I won,” Johnson told The Hollywood Reporter before the show.
Speaking on the negative comments she received, Johnson explained, “I already knew that she looked like [Jasmine] and she’s dressed up as her for Halloween, so I wanted to give her the real cartoon Jasmine brow, and that’s what people hated. They’re, like, ‘Why didn’t you make her look pretty?’ And I’m like, ‘Cartoon Jasmine’s pretty. I just gave her expressive eyebrows, okay?’”
Johnson, who has been a part of the YouTube community since 2009, also shared the most surprising thing she learned about Kardashian during their collaboration.
“I’ve met her before and I worked on the TV show she produced, but she’s so easy to work with and she doesn’t have pores,” she told THR. “I was putting makeup on her and I’m, like, ‘Your skin is beyond perfect.’ It was like I just wanted to stare at her skin.”
Watch the video above to hear Johnson share which online creator she’d love to collaborate with and more.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
State of the Union