- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Beckinsale will follow in the footsteps of Cate Blanchett and Jessica Chastain with the festival’s talent award, while Fanning and Woodley are set for the Hollywood Rising Star prize.
Jason Clarke will also be honored at the weeklong festival in northern France, and his latest film, the John Curran-directed Chappaquiddick, will open the festival.
French hyphenate Melanie Laurent, who starred in Quentin Tarantino’s Inglourious Basterds and Angelina Jolie’s By the Sea, will present a special screening of her English-language directing debut Galveston.
Blockbuster author John Grisham will be on hand for the Lucien-Barriere literary prize.
Festival organizers said that this year they will screen 15 first films as part of the official selection, though the titles will be unveiled at the press conference Aug. 23.
The festival runs from Aug. 31 to Sept. 9 in Deauville, France.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day