- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Known for always bringing her fashion A-game, Kate Bosworth is extending her style expertise into the digital space. The actress and her business partner, Samantha Russ, are launching a fashion app called Style Thief, in partnership with American Rag Cie co-owner Larry Russ.
WWD reports that the app will allow users to snap a photo of an item and buy it immediately, hence the app’s tagline “Snap and Steal.”
“Everyone has fashion envy,” the style star tells WWD. “Everyone can relate to that feeling of looking at an editorial, for example — or a friend, or the runway, for that matter — wanting to steal something exactly as you’re seeing it, or something similar.”
Although there are other apps with a similar concept, including Style-Eyes and ASAP54, Style Thief hopes to stand out from its competitors by featuring Bosworth’s style eye and celebrity status, as well as its user-friendly design and quality image function.
Given Bosworth’s experience in the tech sphere — she partnered with Myspace cofounder Josh Berman and Diego Berdakin to launch and design subscription-based e-commerce JewelMint with stylist Cher Coulter in 2010 — it will be interesting to see how she plans to turn this venture into a money maker.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day