- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
It’s a boy for Kate Hudson. The actress and her fiance, Muse frontman Matthew Bellamy, welcomed a son on Saturday in L.A. Here are a few things you may not know about Golden Globe winner:
1. Hudson was nominated for an Oscar for best supporting actress for 2000’s Almost famous. The role won her a Golden Globe.
2. She has a 7-year-old son, Ryder, with her ex husband, Black Crowes lead singer, Chris Robinson. They divorced in 2007.
3. She announced her engagement to Bellamy on the Today show after Matt Lauer asked her about her ring while she was promoting her movie, Something Borrowed. “I’m engaged!” she said. “It just happened a week ago. I’m so glad you noticed. I haven’t really announced it. … I was waiting for someone to notice.”
4. Her son was convinced she was pregnant with a girl. “It feels like a girl, but I don’t know. Ryder thinks it’s a girl,” she said on on Britain’s The Graham Norton Show. in January. “But we’re not telling anyone. People tell you so much [when they’re pregnant], it drives me nuts,” she added.
5. She was born in Los Angeles to Oscar-winning actress Goldie Hawn and actor Bill Hudson. Her parents divorced 18 months later, and she was raised by Hawn and her longtime partner Kurt Russell.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
Taika Waititi, Eva Longoria and Niecy Nash-Betts Talk Leading the Diversity Charge at The Hollywood Reporter’s Raising Our Voices Luncheon
Tallulah Willis Opens Up About Coping With Father Bruce Willis’ Dementia, Says She’s “Known Something Was Wrong for a Long Time”
Sharon Stone Discusses Challenges With Getting Work Since Her Stroke, Rails Against “Anti-Woke Bullsh**” at THR’s Raising Our Voices Event
Harassment in Hollywood
Los Angeles District Attorney Decides Against Bringing Charges in Armie Hammer Sexual Misconduct Case
Boston University President Accuses 2023 Graduates of “Cancel Culture” After They Boo David Zaslav During Commencement