- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Kate Hudson is set to star in thriller Everly for Crime Scene Pictures and Anonymous Content. Joe Lynch will direct from Yale Hannon’s Black List script.
Sierra/Affinity will introduce the project to foreign buyers at the upcoming European Film Market in Berlin.
Lynch will begin shooting in May. The story-set entirely in one room, a concept created by Lynch — revolves around a down-on-her luck woman who is forced to fend off assassins hired by her ex, a dangerous mob boss.
Crime Scene partners Adam Ripp and Rob Paris, who are financing the movie, will produce alongside Anonymous Content’s Luke Rivett. Rizal Risjad and Philip Elway are executive producing.
“When we heard that Kate wanted to make the transition into an action star, we knew we had found our Everly. They physicality and intensity of this role will be transformative for her,” Ripp and Paris said in announcing the project.
Sierra/Affinity CEO Nick Meyer said the thriller showcases what a female action star can do. “Joe Lynch’s vision for this film coupled with the talented minds of Adam and Rob provides the plaform for an actress of Kate Hudson’s caliber to make the transition into an action star.
Hudson is repped by CAA.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day