- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Kate Hudson is joining Zach Braff‘s Kickstarter-financed Wish I Was Here.
The actress will play Braff’s wife in the film, which will also star Josh Gad, Mandy Patinkin and Jim Parsons.
Following the Kickstarter success of the Veronica Mars movie project, Braff launched his own campaign on the crowd-funding site and raised more than $2 million in a four-day span. Last week, he landed gap financing from film financing outfit Worldview Entertainment.
Braff will direct Wish I Was Here, which he wrote along with his brother Adam Braff. The former Scrubs star, who made his mark on the big screen writing, directing and starring in 2004’s Garden State, portrays a struggling actor in his thirties who reconnects with his family as he seeks purpose in life.
Hudson, whose recent film credits include Mira Nair‘s The Reluctant Fundamentalist, is repped by CAA and attorney Marcy Morris.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day