- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The star performed a stand-up comedy show Friday in Conn., where she said she was surprised that her Thursday announcement that she is leaving the E! series has caused such a stir.
“It just didn’t work out,” Griffin said about her stint on the show. “I’m surprised that people are so invested in this show. But I shouldn’t be because Joan [Rivers] was so incredible and amazing, and it just wasn’t the right thing for me.”
She added that she has received a “really nice crop” of supportive tweets after announcing her departure.
Griffin, who took over for Rivers earlier this year, appeared on just seven episodes before leaving. This is a time of turmoil for the series, with Kelly Osbourne announcing on Feb. 27 that she was leaving the show, following co-host Giuliana Rancic‘s controversial joke last month centered on Zendaya Coleman wearing dreadlocks to the Oscars.
On Friday, Kelly’s brother Jack Osbourne shared a link to The Hollywood Reporter‘s story about Griffin earning praise from Hollywood for leaving Fashion Police. “So Kelly quits and she’s overreacting, Kathy quits and she’s a hero?” Jack wrote. “I find this frustrating.”
Jack’s post can be seen below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day