- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Kathy Griffin revealed Monday morning that she has lung cancer and will undergo surgery.
The comic-actress said she has never smoked, but nonetheless, half of one lung will be removed.
“Doctors are very optimistic as it is stage one and contained to my left lung,” the 60-year-old Griffin said in a lengthy message posted to Twitter. She added that if all goes well, she will not require chemotherapy or radiation treatments.
“I should be up and running around as usual in a month or less,” wrote Griffin.
Noting that the past four years have been difficult for her, such as the firestorm she faced in 2017 after posing for an infamous picture with a fake, but graphic severed head of then-President Donald Trump, the comic-actress she said would be back as soon as she could to entertain her fans once again. “I’m going to be just fine,” she added.
Griffin ended her message by stating that she has been fully vaccinated against COIVD-19, adding, “The consequences for being unvaccinated would have been even more serious. Please stay up to date with your medical checkups. It’ll save your life.”
— Kathy Griffin (@kathygriffin) August 2, 2021
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day