- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Fox declined to comment on her specific role, but the New York Post reported she’ll appear in a scene with cheerleading coach Sue Sylvester (Jane Lynch) on the post-Super Bowl episode, which airs Feb. 6. Couric was a high-school cheerleader.
Couric, who will be the keynote speaker at The Hollywood Reporter‘s Women in Entertainment event, will interview Matthew Morrison (who plays glee club director Mr. Schuester) on CBS Sunday Morning this weekend. She has said her daughters are fans of the show.
It’s rare for an anchor to appear on a competing network. Brian Williams, who hosts the NBC Nightly News, regularly pops up on 30 Rock.
Gwyneth Paltrow, Britney Spears and Neil Patrick Harris are among the bold-faced names who have appeared on the show. VIDEO: Watch Paltrow sing on Glee.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day