- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The week’s much-watched battle between ABC’s Good Morning America and NBC’s Today tipped in GMA’s favor on Wednesday — at least among total viewers. It was the ABC series’ best performance since Katie Couric kicked off her temporary co-hosting gig on Monday.
Fast affiliate ratings give GMA a 87,000 advantage over Today with viewers, posting 5.236 million over 5.149 million. Among the all-important adults 25-54, Today still had the lead. Its 2.25 million topped GMA‘s 1.931 million by 319,000 — a wider gap than the day before.
In programming, GMA had its regularly scheduled Wednesday postmortem with the latest Dancing With the Stars castoffs — Jack Wagner and Anna Trebunskaya — while Today aired its delayed Ryan Seacrest announcement and an appearance from Betty White.
Today, averaging 5.4 million viewers for the season against GMA‘s 4.9 million, does occasionally lose out to ABC. Last week, GMA topped Today in total audience on Tuesday and Friday. GMA‘s showing among adults 25-54 remains consistently behind Today‘s, last week averaging a 266,000 viewers behind NBC in the demo.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day