- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
After she anchors the CBS coverage of the royal wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton on Friday, the network also plans to announce her successor next week, according to the paper. 60 Minutes correspondent Scott Pelley is expected to take over for Couric.
Couric’s CBS contract ends on June 4, and CBS News wants a month for the formal transition, which explains the plans for the two-step announcement in the coming days, according to the Times.
Couric’s decision and announcement on her next career step could well come after CBS News publicly confirms its plans.
She has in recent appearances, including in a return to the Today studio where she used to work, said she is still deciding her future. A syndicated daytime talk show has been a key focus for her, but experts say coming up with a hit in today’s syndication market won’t be easy.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day