- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Katie Couric‘s upcoming talk show, Katie, is off to a strong start in syndication.
Ahead of its September premiere, the talker has been cleared in 93 percent of the country, including 95 of the top 100 markets.
“The sales momentum behind Katie has been truly remarkable,” Disney-ABC Domestic Television president Janice Marinelli said in a statement announcing the news Monday. “The multitalented Katie Couric is in a class all her own, which is why we believe the show has led the charge in the first-run syndication marketplace this year. We are committed to an extraordinary launch with these preeminent stations across the country.”
In addition to the ABC Owned station group, Katie has also been sold to stations from broadcast groups including Allbritton Communications, Belo Corp., Cox Media Gorup, Gannett Broadcasting, Hearst Television, Scripps Howard Broadasting and several others.
The live hourlong talk show joins the daytime lineup in September.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day