- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Katie Holmes is set to star in The Boy 2 for STXfilms, a division of STX Entertainment and Lakeshore Entertainment.
The follow-up to 2016’s The Boy, which starred Lauren Cohan and Rupert Evans and grossed $68 million worldwide, will see Holmes fill the role of Liza. Genre filmmaker William Brent Bell (The Devil Inside) will return to direct The Boy 2 after he first helms the Rupert Friend-starrer Separation.
Cameras are set to start rolling on The Boys 2 in Victoria, British Columbia, in early 2019. The horror thriller centers on a young family moving into an estate, where their young son soon makes an unsettling new friend, an eerily lifelike doll he calls Brahms.
The Boy 2 was written by Stacey Menear and will be produced by Lakeshore’s Tom Rosenberg, Gary Lucchesi and Eric Reid, as well as Matt Berenson, Jim Wedaa and Roy Lee.
“Following the success of The Boy, we are thrilled to be working on the next chapter of this chilling Brahms story with Stacey and William,” Lakeshore’s Lucchesi said Tuesday in a statement.
Holmes is repped by Untitled Entertainment and ICM Partners. Brent Bell is with ICM Partners.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day