- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
This story first appeared in the Nov. 16 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
In election-themed dresses, she lured 30,000 people to Obama rallies in Las Vegas and Milwaukee and headlined a homestretch L.A. concert that raised $5 million for Democrats.
He and pals Matt Damon and John Krasinski stepped up to raise more than $250,000 at a star-filled event for Elizabeth Warren‘s successful Senate campaign.
J.J. Abrams‘ wife is an astute talent scout and fundraiser. She pledged early support for Warren and fellow Dem winners Maria Cantwell, Claire McCaskill and Tammy Baldwin.
He bundled more than $500,000 as one of the president’s top LGBT fundraisers, hosting a lavish dinner for Obama at his Beverly Hills home once the president backed gay marriage.
WILL & JADA SMITH
The couple co-hosted an early $35,800-per-person dinner, and their October Michelle Obama event raised more cash than any other first lady fundraiser.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day