- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
“Honored to have the pleasure to announce the very first COVERBOY, James Charles!” captioned Perry. Charles might not be a recognizable name in Hollywood (yet) but he’s certainly grown a massive fan base on his YouTube channel, where he puts up beauty tutorials — from how to achieve fake freckles to a special FX burn look for Halloween — for his 70K-plus subscribers since launching in December 2015.
Charles couldn’t contain his excitement on Instagram, either.
“I have been on set this entire past weekend shooting my first-ever TV commercial and I’m so excited to announce I’m the first-ever male CoverGirl,” said the ecstatic YouTube star.
The rising beauty guru first shot to social media fame when he made headlines for his high school portrait, which he re-took after not being satisfied with the original photos. His solution for the re-shoots? Bringing in his own ring light so that his “highlight would be poppin,” he wrote on Twitter. Even Zendaya, fellow CoverGirl ambassador, retweeted his photos and added: “You win.”
According to People, Charles will debut CoverGirl’s So Lashy! by blastPRO Mascara next month.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day