- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Katy Perry apparently isn’t ready for her first public outing since divorce filing reports hit the internet. The pop singer posted to Twitter that she won’t be making it to the People’s Choice Awards.
The singer tweeted to her 13 million plus followers: “Unfortunately I will not be able to attend the People’s Choice Awards. I want to thank u all for voting for me, fingers crossed! #KATYCATS.”
The double nominee, who’s up for both favorite pop artist and favorite female pop artist, was not scheduled to perform at the awards telecast being shot at the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles.
The announcement is Perry’s first tweet since slamming critics Jan. 7 over media reports concerning her split. “Concerning the gossip, I want to be clear that NO ONE speaks for me. Not a blog, magazine, “close sources” or my family,” she wrote on Twitter.
Russell Brand, whom the singer wed in a secret India ceremony in 2010, filed for divorce on Dec. 30 citing “irreconcilable differences.” Of his marriage to Perry, Russell said, “Sadly, Katy and I are ending our marriage. I’ll always adore her and I know we’ll remain friends.”
The pair began dating in 2009 after meeting at the 2008 MTV Video Music Awards. Their marriage lasted 14 months.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day