- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
After just over a year of dating, Katy Perry and Orlando Bloom are taking a break. Reps for the “Chained to the Rhythm” songstress and the English heartthrob confirmed the news to People on Tuesday night.
“Before rumors or falsifications get out of hand,” their joint statement read, “we can confirm that Orlando and Katy are taking respectful, loving space at this time.”
The news comes as a bit of a shock, since the pair was spotted at the Vanity Fair Oscars party Sunday night. However, a source informed People that the duo was distant at the event and interacted separately with their own sets of friends, only to get together for a brief photo op.
Perry and Bloom started dating back in January 2016. The singer previously had an on- and off-again relationship with rocker John Mayer, while the Pirates of the Caribbean actor was coming off the heels of his 2013 divorce from Miranda Kerr after three years of marriage (Kerr and Bloom have a six-year-old son).
Here’s to hoping for friendly, amicable distance as Perry revs up promotion for “Chained to the Rhythm” and her so-far-unannounced fifth solo album, which is expected sometime this year.
This article first appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day