- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Paramount’s Insurge Pictures announced Thursday it will sneak Katy Perry: Part of Me on July 2 in 100 theaters across North America, three days before the movie’s nationwide release on July 5. The 3D event pic will play exclusively on RealD systems during the special sneak.
Paramount and Twitter have designated a special hashtag that will direct fans to a direct link allowing them to buy tickets for the advance showings.
The promotion continues a unique partnership between Insurge Pictures and Twitter, in which Perry’s 22 million Twitter followers have the opportunity to share their thoughts through their own Tweets and be a part of the filmmaking process.
“From Katy’s first Tweet announcing the movie, her fans have been incredibly passionate and supportive and we want to make sure they are among the first to see the film they helped shape,” Insurge Pictures president Amy Powell said.
“The use of Twitter throughout the making and release of Katy Perry: Part of Me illustrates the power of Twitter to break down barriers between artists like Katy and their fans,” Twitter CEO Dick Costolo added.
Insurge Pictures also made Justin Bieber: Never Say Never.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day