- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Popchips has added a pop star to its list of celebrity supporters.
Katy Perry has signed on as an investor and a brand ambassador for the crunchy snack, according to a statement from the company released Wednesday.
PHOTOS: Katy Perry: The Pop Star’s Past to Present in Pictures
The “Part of Me” singer says she will also be a creative partner in the company. She’ll also be featured in a national advertising campaign, which will launch this fall.
Perry says she discovered Popchips while searching for a late-night snack one night.
PHOTOS: Katy Perry: Pop’s Candy-Colored Princess Gets Serious
“The bag stood out in the minibar, and I was pleasantly surprised when I read the back of the label and saw that it was a healthier choice,” she says in the statement. “I was hooked after my first bite.”
Perry, who was recently featured in the 3-D documentary, Katy Perry: Part of Me, is the latest celebrity to back the healthy snack. Ashton Kutcher began backing the brand by becoming the “president of pop culture” in June 2010, helping oversee social media and content for the brand. Earlier in 2012, Kutcher was featured in an ad that garnered criticism because of his depiction of Indian man. The spot was later pulled.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day