- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Katy Perry‘s dad wants to “save” the press.
“We wanna get you saved, so you can write good stuff, Amen!” father Keith Hudson said in a sermon Sunday morning.
The criticism comes on the heels of reports that Perry’s parents called her divorce a “gift from God.” In a video posted on TMZ, Hudson called for any members of the press in the packed Ft. Collins, GA church to stand up.
Perry remained mum about her recent divorce filing until yesterday, when she tweeted, “Concerning the gossip, I want to be clear that NO ONE speaks for me. Not a blog, magazine, “close sources” or my family.”
Her father seems to have gotten the message – a stand-up routine about the press was the only indirect reference he made to Katy.
On Dec. 30, Russell Brand announced that he was filing for divorce from Perry. The pop singer’s tweets on Saturday marked her first public remarks since December 26.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Jamie Lee Curtis
Monday Night Football