- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Katy Perry’s pre-Grammys party has started early with the release of her new song “Chained to the Rhythm.”
The pop superstar teased her new retro-tinged number through the week and shared the goods overnight, with its lyrics sheet premiering through Genius.
— KATY PERRY (@katyperry) February 10, 2017
“Chained to the Rhythm” is the first track from Perry’s upcoming fourth album release, and her first single proper in six months. It’s the follow-up to “Rise,” which synched with NBC’s coverage of the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro, and peaked at No. 11 on the Billboard Hot 100 and topped Billboard’s Dance Club Songs chart, her 16 consecutive No. 1 on the survey.
Perry’s reps dropped the ball — the disco ball — in a global campaign for the new track. Fans around the globe have hunted for mirrorballs and shared their treasure as part of a new promotional push.
Capitol Records confirms Perry will debut “Chained to the Rhythm” live at the 59th annual Grammy Awards on Sunday (Feb 12). Skip Marley is tipped to join her onstage.
This article originally appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day