- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Never one to settle for any ordinary outfit on the carpet, during a performance or while she’s out and about, Katy Perry may have outdone herself with her latest accessory. The pop star was spotted on Friday in a furry surgical-like cartoon face mask while walking around Tokyo, where she’s currently performing for her Prismatic world tour.
Though it’s not uncommon for folks in Asian countries to wear surgical masks in public for health or climate reasons, it’s unclear whether the singer wore it for those same reasons. Perry — who completed her schoolgirl look with braided ponytails, a white short-sleeved collared shirt and pleated skirt — was also seen wearing another mask in black the day before. Cultural appropriation or bold fashion statement? We’ll let you decide.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
State of the Union